This agreement binds you or the company you represent ("you," or "your") to the terms and conditions set forth herein in connection with your use of virginia institute of finance, inc.'s ("our", "we", "company" or "virginia institute of finance") software, mobile applications, services or other offerings on our site (collectively, our "products"). By using any of the company products or clicking on the "signup" button, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, click on the "cancel" button and do not use the company products. Company's acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, to the exclusion of all other terms. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by company, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The products enable students ("students") to connect with independent contractor instructors (the "instructors") who provide live and recorded instruction, tutoring, and learning services in our proprietary online classrooms (the "courses"). Students and instructors are, collectively, "users." the products include, without limitation, facilitating and hosting courses and supporting materials, and taking feedback from users.
Company reserves the right to revise these terms in its sole discretion at any time by posting the changes on the site. Changes become effective thirty (30) days after posting. Your continued use of products after change become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. You should visit the site regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest version of the terms. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences of this section, no revisions to these terms will apply to any dispute between you and the company that arose prior to the date of such revision.
The company may modify the products or discontinue their availability at any time.
You are solely responsible for all service, telephony, data charges and/or other fees and costs associated with your access to and use of the products, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment required for such access and use.
If you elect to access or use products that involve payment of a fee, then you agree to pay, and will be responsible for payment of, that fee and all taxes associated with such access or use. If you provide credit card information to pay for such fees then you hereby represent and warrant that you are authorized to supply such information and hereby authorize the company to charge your credit card on a regular basis to pay the fees as they are due.
If your payment method fails or your account is past due, then we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. This may include charging other payment methods on file with us and/or retaining collection agencies and legal counsel. We may also block your access to any products pending resolution of any amounts due by you to company.
All of your use, access and other activities relating to the site and the products must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitations, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, and to privacy and personal identity. In connection with your use of the products and site, you must not provide incorrect or knowingly false information; copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with the products or operation of the site; frame or embed the site or products; impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person's account; introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the products or operation of the site; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the products.
The site is only a marketplace for instructors and students. We do not hire or employ instructors nor are we responsible or liable for any interactions involved between the instructors and their respective clients. We are not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of instructors or students, including, but not limited to, any student's reliance upon any information provided by an instructor.
We do not control submitted content (as defined below) posted on the site and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of such submitted content. You also understand that by using the products may expose you to submitted content that you consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. The company has no responsibility to keep such content from you and no liability for your access or use of any submitted content, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
The site and products may give you access to links to third-party websites ("third party sites"), either directly or through courses or instructors. The company does not endorse any of these third party sites and does not control them in any manner. Accordingly, the company does not assume any liability associated with third party sites. You need to take appropriate steps to determine whether accessing a third party site is appropriate, and to protect your personal information and privacy on such third party site.
You may only access the products for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of the products. You agree not to use the products or the company content (as defined below) to recruit, solicit, or contact in any form instructors or potential users for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with us without our advance written permission, which may be withheld in our sole discretion. You assume any and all risks from any meetings or contact between you and any instructors or other users of the products.
If you are instructing students in connection with a course you are an "instructor" and the following additional terms and conditions apply, and you represent, warrant and covenant that:
- You are subject to the company's approval, which we may grant or deny in our sole discretion;
- You need to visit www.virginia institute of finance.com and complete the instructor enrollment form and if you will charge fees for your courses you will also need to agree to the premium instructor pricing terms;
- You will be responsible for all of your submitted content, that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and have the authority to authorize company, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of your submitted content on and through the products in the manner contemplated by these this instructor agreement, and that no submitted content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services you offer on and through the site and the products;
- You will not post any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, infringing, defamatory or libelous content;
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the products or to any user;
- You will not use the products for any business other than for providing tutoring, teaching and instructional services to students;
- You will not engage in any activity that will require company to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
- You will not copy, modify or distribute company content except as permitted in this instructor agreement;
- You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses;
- You will maintain your enrollment and account information, and all such enrollment and account information shall be accurate;
- You shall respond promptly to users seeking your services and ensure a quality of service commensurate with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general;
- You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and a third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these terms and the instructor terms and will assume responsibility and liability for your performance and compliance hereunder.
Specific obligations of students using the site.
If you are a user in search of or participating in a course, you are a student and the following additional terms and conditions apply, and you represent, warrant and covenant that:
- You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the pricing information (see the pricing section below) before using the site or registering for a course;
- You are over the age of 18, or, if not, you will only use the products with the involvement, supervision, and approval or a parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of 13 may not register for an account or register or purchase courses.
- You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the site or the products;
- You will not post any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, infringing, defamatory or libelous content;
- You will not reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, communicate to the public, create derivative works from or otherwise use and exploit any company content, the products or courses or submitted content except as permitted by these terms or the relevant instructor as applicable;
- You will not disclose any personal information to an instructor, and otherwise will assume responsibility for controlling how your personal information is disclosed or used, including, without limitation, taking appropriate steps to protect such information and you will not solicit personal information from any instructor or other user.
To use certain products, you will need to register and obtain an account, username and password. When you register, the information you provide to us during the registration process will help us in offering content, customer service, and network management. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, username, and password (collectively, your "account") and for all activities associated with or occurring under your account. You represent and warrant that your account information will be accurate at all times. You must notify us (a) immediately of any unauthorized use of your account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each use of the products. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or as a result of use of your account, either with or without your knowledge, prior to your notifying us of unauthorized access to your account.
You may not transfer your account to any other person and you may not use anyone else's account at any time without the permission of the account holder. In cases where you have authorized or registered another individual, including a minor, to use your account, you are fully responsible for (i) the online conduct of such user; (ii) controlling the user's access to and use of the products; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse.
All software, technology, designs, materials, information, communications, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, photos, images, reviews, ideas, and other data or copyrightable materials or content, including the selection and arrangements thereof is "content." where the company provides content to you in connection with the products, including, without limitation, the software and the products and the site, it is "company content." content uploaded, transmitted or posted to the site or through the products by a user is "submitted content." content remains the proprietary property of the person or entity supplying it (or their affiliated and/or third party providers and suppliers) and is protected, without limitation, pursuant to u.s. And foreign copyright and other intellectual property laws. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all licenses, rights, consents, and permissions necessary to grant the rights set forth in these terms to company with respect to your submitted content and that company shall not need to obtain any licenses, rights, consents, or permissions from, or make any payments to, any third party for any use or exploitation of your submitted content as authorized in these terms or have any liability to you or any other party as a result of any use or exploitation of your submitted content as authorized in these terms.
You hereby grant the company a non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, offer, market and otherwise use and exploit the submitted content on the site and through the products, and sublicense it to instructors and users for these purposes directly or through third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your submitted content from the site at any time. Removal of your submitted content will terminate the foregoing license and rights sixty (60) days after such removal as to new uses, provided, however, that any rights given to users prior to that time will continue in accordance with the terms granted to such users.
The company hereby grants you (as a user) a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use submitted content and company content, for which you have paid all required fees, solely for your personal, non-commercial, educational purposes through the site and the products, in accordance with these terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with particular courses or products. All other uses are expressly prohibited absent our express written consent. You may not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works of, license, or otherwise transfer or use any submitted content or company content unless we give you explicit permission to do so. Submitted content and company content is licensed, and not sold, to you. Instructors may not grant you license rights to submitted content you access or acquire through the services and any such direct license shall be null and void and a violation of these terms.
You agree that we may record all or any part of any courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the site and the products. You hereby grant the company permission to use your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the site, products, courses, company content and submitted content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
The company respects all copyright, privacy, defamation and other laws relating to content and information and will not tolerate violation of such laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the company does not screen the submitted content and all use of the submitted content by you is at your own risk and the company shall have no liability for such use. In particular, no review or posting or appearance of the submitted content on the site or through the products is intended to act as an endorsement or representation that any submitted content is free of violation of any copyright, privacy or other laws or will suit a particular purpose or be accurate or useful. If you believe that submitted content of yours violates any law or regulation or is inaccurate or poses any risk whatsoever to a third party it is your responsibility to take such steps you deem necessary to correct the situation. If you believe that submitted content of a third party or any company content violates any laws or regulations, including, without limitation, any copyright laws, you should report it to the company in accordance with the procedures that we maintain at www.viftraining.com/terms
All rights not expressly granted in these terms are retained by the content owners and these terms do not grant any implied licenses