The Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation is recognized worldwide as the standard of the profession, attesting to one's core knowledge and understanding of critical project management concepts, principles, and techniques. The PMP® certification demonstrates you have mastered essential project management skills and knowledge.
This comprehensive five-day course will prepare you to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP)® examination. The course is kept up to date with the framework of knowledge outlined by the Project Management Institute's (PMI-PMBOK) ® Guide Six Edition, 2017. The course contains different tools and techniques that will empower each participant to learn the smart way, not the hard way. In addition, the course includes a comprehensive number of examples and sample examination questions and answers, to improve the chances of passing the exam on the first attempt using well-proven and successful course delivery methods.
In the span of five days, course participants will review the ten knowledge areas and 49 processes outlined in thePMBOK®. Our creative delivery method promotes visualization over memorization and creates a dynamic learning environment drawing on examples and real-life case studies. This approach helps to map concepts and principles to the material covered in the classroom, to facilitate learning and understanding and provide practical application of project management practices. Participants will be presented with sets of challenging review questions at the conclusion of each knowledge area, in order to assess subject matter understanding and demonstrate tips and tricks to best answer exam questions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how the ten management knowledge areas are mapped to the five process groups, per the PMBOK® 6th Edition.
- Understand the PMP® exam structure and different types of questions.
- Master the tips, tricks, tools, and techniques to approach and solve exam questions.
- Learn to visualize, memorize and remember project management terms, concepts, theories, methods, approaches, and formulas.
- Exercise and practice on the exam simulated questions to eliminate exam anxiety.
This accelerated course is geared towards project managers, team members, project engineers, design engineers, project leaders, industrial engineers, program managers, operations managers, functional managers, and information technology professionals who need to prepare for and successfully pass the PMP® certification exam.
- Project management terms and definitions.
- Interrelation between Operations and Projects.
- Project and Product life cycle (PLC).
- Application of standard project management processes.
- Inputs, outputs, tools, and techniques across all processes.
- Considerations for agile, iterative, and adaptive environments.
- Principles of planning and scheduling.
- Effective project cost management.
- Project performance and forecasting using the EVM method.
- Successful project closure.
- Leadership by example
Module 1: Course Introduction
- PMP® Certification
- Application Requirements
- Exam Overview
- PMP Exam Changes
- Study Strategy
- Exam Tips
Project Management Overview
- PMBOK® Guide Overview
- Portfolios, Programs, and Projects
- Operations Management
- Organizational Structure
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Project Manager Role
- Project Sponsor
- Project Team
- Other Stakeholders
- Project Governance
- Predictive, Iterative, and Adaptive
- Agile Environments
- Project Phases
- Phase Gates
Project Management Processes
- Interaction of Processes
- Initiating Process
- Planning Process
- Executing Process
- Monitoring and Controlling Process
- Closing Process
- Project Tailoring
Module 2: Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Manage Project Knowledge
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Project or Phase
Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Module 3: Project Schedule Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Network Diagrams and Critical Path
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Earned Value
Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Manage Quality
- Control Quality
Module 4: Project Resource Management
- Plan Resource Management
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Acquire Resources
- Develop Team
- Manage Team
- Control Resources
Project Communications Management
Plan Communications Management
- Communication Channels
- Manage Communications
- Monitor Communications
Module 5: Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurements
- Control Procurements
Modue 6: Project Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
Professional and Social Responsibiliy
- Review PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Responsibility, Respect, Fairness, and Honesty
- Review Process Groups (5)
- Review Knowledge Areas (10)
- Review Processes (49)
PMP® Exam Prep Wrap-Up
- Study Plan
Location & Dates