Microsoft Word is a powerful word processing program that can be utilized for both business and personal use to create professional-looking content quickly. You can quickly construct documents such as letters, brochures, proposals, blogs, learning activities, tests, quizzes and assignments from predefined templates, parts and styles, as well as compose documents from scratch.
At the end of the course, you will have a good working knowledge of Word core skills. You will feel more confident using Word and be able to create a document from scratch. Understanding and using some of the built-in layout and text editing functionality will enable you to produce far more striking and effective documentation in your work and home Word environments. Documents that you create will be easier to read and look more presentable. This hands-on class is taught by Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Throughout the course, the instructor will provide you with opportunities for hands-on practice with exercises and chapter challenges and wraps up with a full-length practice test to hone your skills.
- Learn how to create documents, editing, and saving
- Learn how to format text and paragraphs
- Working with tables, columns, and other formatting features
- Graphics, WordArt, charts, and text flow
- Document templates
Users have basic knowledge of Microsoft word and Interested in Microsoft Office Specialist certification (MOS).
- Document Creation, Edition and Formatting
- Using and Formatting Text, Images, Objects and SmartArt
- Modifying and Setting Page layout
- Setting Document Properties, References
- Working with Tables
Create and Manage Documents
- Learn how to create a document from scratch and by editing Microsoft available templates
- Navigate through a Document using navigation menu
- How to format a document using the tools in the ribbon
- Customize Options and Views for Documents
- Configure Documents to Print and save in in different formats
Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
- Learn how to insert text and paragraphs and apply different format and styles
- Order and group text and paragraphs using tools in the ribbon
Create Tables and Lists
- Learn how to create a table from text file, Excel file, using quick table tools or design your own table
- Modify a table properties and options, add column and rows, expand your table, distribute your columns and rows evenly and using autofit options.
- Create and Modify different types of list using numbering list, bullets list and multilevel list
- Create Endnotes, Footnotes, Citations and Bibliography
- Create Captions for photos, tables, and other objects in word using captions options
Insert and Format Objects
- Insert and Format Building Blocks
- Learn how to insert different type of shapes and how to apply different formatting using option menu
- Learn how to insert different type of SmartArt and how promote and demote shapes for subleveling. You will also learn how to select the best shape for your document depending on the information you want to display.
- Learn how insert images, how to wrap the text with the image using different text wrap options.
- Learn how to use picture tools to remove background, adjust the picture, apply styles, borders and effects, alignment option and position the picture in the page.
- Use of Microsoft word for at least 6 months.
- A working knowledge of Windows is required
- Being comfortable with the commands and ribbons