Microsoft Excel is the industry standard spreadsheet program used for data calculations, analysis, visualization and much more. It can be programmed to access data from external databases and is an excellent tool for data modeling, statistics and financial calculations with built-in functions to quickly and easily perform common tasks. Proficiency in Excel is typically required for professionals, managers, accounting, business analytics, data analysis and statistics jobs.
At the end of the course, you will have a good working knowledge of Excel core skills. You will feel more confident using Excel and be able to create your spreadsheets. Understanding and using formulas, tools, techniques and visualization will enable you to work normalize the data and analyze it, create reports and charts for presentation and sharing with the team. This hands-on class is taught by Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Throughout the course, the instructor will provide you with opportunities for hands-on practice with exercises and chapter challenges and wraps up with a full-length practice test to hone your skills.
- Creating new Excel workbooks and worksheets
- Formatting data
- Inserting columns and rows
- Moving data
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating tables
- Applying formulas and functions
- Summarizing data
- Creating charts
Users have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and interested in Microsoft Office Specialist certification (MOS).
- Create, Customize and Modify Worksheets and Workbooks
- Apply Formulas and Functions
- Create, Modify and Edit Tables, Cells and Ranges
- Learning Excel Commands, Menu and Ribbons.
- Data Visualization using Charts
- Create Worksheets and Workbooks: This objective includes: creating new blank workbooks, creating new workbooks using templates, importing files, opening non-native files directly in Excel, adding worksheets to existing workbooks, copying and moving worksheets.
- Navigate through Worksheets and Workbooks: This objective includes: searching for data within a workbook, inserting hyperlinks, changing worksheet order, using Go To, using Name Box.
- Format Worksheets and Workbooks: This objective includes: changing worksheet tab color, modifying page setup, inserting and deleting columns and rows, changing workbook themes, adjusting row height and column width, inserting watermarks, inserting headers and footers, setting data validation.
- Customize Options and Views for Worksheets and Workbooks This objective includes: hiding worksheets, hiding columns and rows, customizing the Quick Access toolbar, customizing the Ribbon, managing macro security, changing workbook views, recording simple macros, adding values to workbook properties, using zoom, displaying formulas, freezing panes, assigning shortcut keys, splitting the window.
- Configure Worksheets and Workbooks to Print or Save: This objective includes: setting a print area, saving workbooks in alternate file formats, printing individual worksheets, setting print scaling, repeating headers and footers, maintaining backward compatibility, configuring workbooks to print, saving files to remote locations.
CREATE CELL AND RANGES
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges: This objective includes: appending data to worksheets, finding and replacing data, copying and pasting data, using AutoFill tool, expanding data across columns, inserting and deleting cells.
- Format Cells and Ranges: This objective includes: merging cells, modifying cell alignment and indentation, changing font and font styles, using Format Painter, wrapping text within cells, applying Number formats, applying highlighting, applying cell styles, changing text to WordArt.
- Order and Group Cells and Ranges: This objective includes: applying conditional formatting, inserting sparklines, transposing columns and rows, creating named ranges, creating outlines, collapsing groups of data in outlines, inserting subtotals.
- Create a Table: This objective includes: moving between tables and ranges, adding and removing cells within tables, defining titles.
- Modify a Table: This objective includes: applying styles to tables, banding rows and columns, inserting total rows, removing styles from tables.
- Filter and Sort a Table: This objective includes: filtering records, sorting data on multiple columns, changing sort order, removing duplicates.
APPLY FORMULAS & FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize Cell Ranges and References in Formulas and Functions: This objective includes: utilizing references (relative, mixed, absolute), defining order of operations, referencing cell ranges in formulas.
- Summarize Data with Functions: This objective includes: utilizing the SUM function, utilizing the
- MIN and MAX functions, utilizing the COUNT function, utilizing the AVERAGE function.
- Utilize Conditional Logic in Functions: This objective includes: utilizing the SUMIF function, utilizing the AVERAGEIF function, utilizing the COUNTIF function.
- Format and Modify Text with Functions: This objective includes: utilizing the RIGHT, LEFT and MID unctions, utilizing the TRIM function, utilizing the UPPER and LOWER functions, utilizing the ONCATENATE function.
CREATE CHARTS AND OBJECTTS
- Create a Chart: This objective includes: creating charts and graphs, adding additional data series, switching between rows and columns in source data, using Quick Analysis.
- Format a Chart: This objective includes: adding legends, resizing charts and graphs, modifying chart and graph parameters, applying chart layouts and styles, positioning charts and graphs.
- Insert and Format an Object: This objective includes: inserting text boxes, inserting SmartArt, inserting images, adding borders to objects, adding styles and effects to objects, changing object colors, modifying object properties, positioning objects.
- Use of Microsoft Excel for at least 6 months.
- A working knowledge of Windows is required
- Being comfortable with the formulas, commands and ribbons