Excel Dashboards provide insight, analysis and even alerts. They are interactive and dynamic, and have a wide range of applications, providing help with project management, customer service, KPI management, forecasting and so on.
Dashboard usually fit on one page, displaying key trends, comparisons and data in small graphs or tables. This makes them easy to read and digest the information. They are also often interactive, which allows the user to filter data and switch views themselves.
This course is practical with 100% hands-on training using MS Excel 2013/2016. Delegates will be giving tasks to accomplish using exercise files. Laptops will be used duration the training
In this course, delegates will learn how to create interactive Excel dashboards, which update with the click of the Refresh button, or with a simple copy and paste of your new data into your spreadsheet.
Anyone with an advanced knowledge of Excel who wants to learn how to create dashboards which will enhance their spreadsheets with easily understood and interactive data displays.
- Data layout and formatting
- Data visualization
- Charting skills
- Dashboard building
VISUALIZATION BEST PRACTICIES
- Overview of Excel Dashboards and what can be done
- Designing Dashboards – the considerations
- Tips for Building Excel Dashboards
EXCEL CHARTING PRINCIPLES AND ADVICE
- Learn Chart Elements
- Different chart types
- Editing and formatting your charts
- Creating and customizing Charts
- Using specialist charts for your Excel Dashboards
- How to select the Right Charts for your Data
EXCEL PIVOT TABLES
- Learn the 19 fundamental rules of Pivot Table
- Analyze data with Pivot and create reports
- Create Pivot Charts to feed your Dashboard
CREATING YOUR EXCEL DASHBOARDS
- Dashboard Do’s and Don’t’s
- Data Layout Creating Dynamic Dashboards
- Insert charts to the dashboard
- Use slicers for dynamic filtering
Location & Dates